A coastal cruise to meet the Bottlenose Dolphin, departing from Canet en Roussillon, and discover the coastal species living in the Gulf of Lion…
We will set off to spot the Bottlenose Dolphin on a 5-hour trip or a 4-hour trip depending on date et departing from Canet en Roussillon. In recent years, our dolphin-spotting trips have enjoyed a success rate of 95% to 100%! The Bottlenose Dolphin (Tursiops Truncatus) is the Mediterranean’s only coastal cetacean species. These dolphins are abundant here and are regurlarly seen in spring/ summer on the Côte Vermeille. During this cruise, you will have the chance to observe other marine wildlife: seabirds such as shearwaters and gannets, sunfish, bluefin tuna, etc.
Your dream will finally come true !
An educational talk will be given on board (in French) about the Bottlenose Dolphin and its particularities on the Côte Vermeille. Our guide and marine biologist will provide a running commentary about science and naturalism. They will discuss the Bottlenose Dolphin’s biology (diet, fishing technique, play, rest, etc.) They will also talk about the threats that it faces and the steps being taken to protect it, especially in the local context. The cruise is suitable for adults and children alike (including under -4’s).
What happens on the Bottlenose Dolphin trip departing from Canet en Roussillon…
The trip will take place in a motorboat in order to cover as much distance as possible in search of the Bottlenose Dolphin. The ship has earned the “High Quality Whale Watching” label. This is the only State certification that guarantees respectful watching of whales and dolphins. This involves following a code of good conduct in particular.
Statistics have shown that we enjoy an average success rate of 95% on our cetacean-watching trips. This applies to all our whale and/or dolphin-watching trips taken together. However, the remaining 5% shows that we are going out there to meet wild animals and therefore we can never guarantee that we will definitely see them.
Programme and prices of the cruise “Meet the Bottlenose dolphin” departure from Canet en Roussillon from 22/04/2023 to 15/10/2023 (outside of the period from 08/07/2023 to 31/08/2023).
Programme (outside of the period from 08/07/2023 to 31/08/2023) – 5-hour trip :
Please refer to the “Planning” in the main menu to find out the Off Season dates for this cruise.
- Adult (over 12 years old): €69
- Child (2 to 12 years old): €49
- Child under 2 years old: free
Programme and prices of the cruise “Meet the Bottlenose dolphin” from 08/07/2023 to 31/08/2023.
Programme (period from 08/07/2023 to 31/08/2023) – 4-hour trip :
The cruise “Meet the Bottlenose Dolphin” will be organised from Canet en Roussillon from 08/07/2023 to 31/08/2023, every Thursday.
- Departure 07.30 am from Canet en Roussillon
- Arrival 11.30 am at Canet en Roussillon
- Departure 12.00 am from Canet en Roussillon
- Arrival 04.00 pm at Canet en Roussillon
- Adult (over 12 years old): €60
- Child (2 to 12 years old): €45
- Child under 2 years old: free
- Depending on the season, departure and arrival times may differ (please refer to the “Schedule” in the main menu).
- Passengers must board 20 minutes before the departure time shown on the boarding pass.
- Children under 12 years old and teenagers must be accompanied by an adult.
- Remember to bring your camera, binoculars, cap, sunglasses, anti-UV sunscreen, windcheater, warm clothes, etc.
- You can bring a picnic lunch but bear in mind that you can also buy sandwiches, pasta and other snacks on board.
- Customers who have made a booking must phone us on +33(0)6 23 20 69 76 from 6 pm on the day before the trip. The trip will then be confirmed or cancelled depending on the latest marine weather forecast websites.
- As the trip is short (around 5 hours), children under 4 years old are welcome.
- To see pictures and reports from previous trips, please click https://photos.navivoile.com/.
- To watch some amateur videos, visit our NAVIVOILE You Tube channel.
Extract from the general terms of sale:
- Changes may be made to the programme content according to weather conditions or any technical problems that may arise.
- Cruises will depart subject to a minimum number of passengers signing up: 25 adults.
- Trips may be cancelled without prior notice in the event of bad weather or technical problems, in which case the trips will be postponed or a full refund will be given.
- Any passenger who is absent on the day of departure at the time shown on their boarding pass, and who has not contacted Management on the day before departure at the latest, will not receive a refund.
- Any passenger who is absent on the day of departure at the time shown on their boarding pass, and who has notified Management on the day before departure at the latest, can postpone their cruise subject to available spaces, at no extra cost.
- No refunds will be given unless the absent passenger is involved in an accident or taken ill, or in the event of their death. A family member must then provide a certificate issued by a doctor or the police confirming the accident, illness or death.