The Sing with the Dolphins cruise provides a sensitive and artistic approach to discovering our sea-dwelling hosts.
Step on board for a unique adventure. The Sing with the Dolphins cruise on the Big Blue will immerse you in the world of marine mammals.
A sensitive, respectful and even contemplative approach to cetaceans will be the aim of the trip. The ship will make use of its sails as much as possible! The Sing with the Dolphins cruise is organised by the “La Belle Bleue association”. There will be the opportunities for interaction with the marine mammals through singing and music.
The crew who will accompany you on this trip to the heart of marine life have gained a great deal of experience during 20 years of observing these creatures. They will take you safety out to sea and bring you as close as possible to its residents, with an attitude of total respect for them.
Sea conditions permitting, you will also be able to swim in the Big Blue! Swimming is not allowed near the cetaceans.
On the edge of the great marine trenches, off the coast of Cap Béar, you will be able to watch various seasonally migrating species in their natural habitat.
- Cetaceans: Rorquals, dolphins, sperm whales, pilot whales, grampuses, etc…
- Fishes: Sunfish, flying fish, sharks, tuna, swordfish, etc.
- Seabirds: Shearwaters, terns, gulls, puffins, etc…
And the unpredictable turtles, etc…
What happens on the “Sing with the dolphins” trip departing from Canet en Roussillon…
The trip will take place in a motorboat in order to cover as much distance as possible in search of the cetaceans. However, from time to time we will stop the engines in order to sail quietly. If the dolphin-watchers spot the cetaceans, we will approach them slowly. Indeed the ship’s captain has earned the “High Quality Whale Watching” label. This is the only State certification that guarantees respectful watching of whales and dolphins. This involves following a code of good conduct in particular.
Statistics have shown that we enjoy an average success rate of 95% on our cetacean-watching trips. This applies to all our whale and/or dolphin-watching trips taken together. However, the remaining 5% shows that we are going out there to meet wild animals and therefore we can never guarantee that we will definitely see them.
Programme and prices of the cruise “Sing with the Dolphins” from 04/04/2020 to 01/11/2020.
Programme (period du 04/04/2020 to 01/11/2020):
Please refer to the “Schedule“ in the main menu to find out the dates for this cruise.
- Departure at 9 am from Canet en Roussillon
- Arrival at 7 pm at Canet en Roussillon
- Adult (over 17 years old): €80
- Teenager (13 to 17 years old)/Student: €66
- Child (4 to 12 ans): €55
- Child under 4 years old: free
- Depending on the season, departure and arrival times may differ (please refer to the “Schedule” in the main menul).
- Passengers must board 20 minutes before the departure time shown on the boarding pass.
- Children under 12 years old and teenagers must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets (dogs, cats, etc.) are not allowed due to the length of the cruise. Thank you for your understanding.
- Remember to bring your camera, binoculars, cap, sunglasses, anti-UV sunscreen, windcheater, warm clothes, etc.
- Provide masks, snorkels, fins and diving suit at the beginning and at the end of the season.
- Swimming is unsupervised, and we accept no liability for any incidents that may arise.
- Parents, please do not leave your children in the water unsupervised.
- Swimming is not allowed near the cetaceans.
- You can bring a picnic lunch but bear in mind that you can also buy sandwiches, pasta and other snacks on board.
- Customers who have made a booking must consult the answering service on +33(0)6 23 20 69 76 from 4:00 pm on the day before the trip. The trip will then be confirmed or cancelled depending on the latest weather forecast issued by the Météo France and Windguru websites.
- As the trip is long (10 hours), we do not recommend the cruise to children under 4 years old.
- To watch some amateur videos, visit our NAVIVOILE You Tube channel.
Extract from the general terms of sale:
- Changes may be made to the programme content according to weather conditions or any technical problems that may arise.
- Cruises will depart subject to a minimum number of passengers signing up: 25 adults.
- Trips may be cancelled without prior notice in the event of bad weather or technical problems, in which case the trips will be postponed or a full refund will be given.
- Any passenger who is absent on the day of departure at the time shown on their boarding pass, and who has not contacted Management on the day before departure at the latest, will not receive a refund.
- Any passenger who is absent on the day of departure at the time shown on their boarding pass, and who has notified Management on the day before departure at the latest, can postpone their cruise subject to available spaces, at no extra cost.
- No refunds will be given unless the absent passenger is involved in an accident or taken ill, or in the event of their death. A family member must then provide a certificate issued by a doctor or the police confirming the accident, illness or death.