Board the NAVIVOILE catamaran for a unique seabird-themed trip.
This nature cruise will hosted or co-hosted by a naturalist from the GOR and/or the LPO (*). The crew who will guide you on this seabird trip will take you as close as possible to the birds without disturbing them. The cruise takes place in the Gulf of Lion natural marine park, above the continental shelf. You will be able to watch various sedentary or seasonally migrating seabirds in their natural habitat, as well as land birds !
Sea and land birds previously spotted:
Shearwaters (Cory’s, Yelkouan, Balearic), terns (little, Sandwich), gulls (black-headed, little, Mediterranean, black-legged kittiwake), seagulls (yellow-legged gull, slender-billed gull, Audouin’s gull), razorbills, gannets, black sterns, loons, cormorants, storm petrels, puffins… and possibly also some migratory land birds (swallows, hawks, buzzards, egrets, etc.).
And the most commun marine mammal on the continental shelf… The Bottlenose Dolphin!
Programme and prices of the “Seabird trip” departure from Canet en Roussillon from 04/04/2020 to 01/11/2020.
Programme (Outside of the months of July and August):
- Adult (over 17 years old): €40
- Teenager (13 to 17 years old)/Student: €35
- Child (4 to 12 years old): €30
- Child under 4 years old: free
Prices “special adherents GOR – LPO”:
- Adult (over 17 years old): €30
- Teenager (13 to 17 years old)/Student: €25
- Child (4 to 12 years old): €18
- Child under 4 years old: free
- Depending on the season, departure and arrival times may differ (please refer to the “Schedule” in the main menul).
- Passengers must board 20 minutes before the departure time shown on the boarding pass.
- Children under 11 years old and teenagers must be accompanied by an adult.
- Remember to bring your camera, binoculars, cap, sunglasses, anti-UV sunscreen, windcheater, warm clothes, etc.
- Following the schedules of the cruise, you can bring a picnic lunch but bear in mind that you can also buy sandwiches, pasta and other snacks on board.
- Customers who have made a booking must consult the answering service on + 33 (0)6 23 20 69 76 from midday on the day before the trip. The trip will then be confirmed or cancelled depending on the latest weather forecast.
Extract from the general terms of sale:
- Changes may be made to the programme content according to weather conditions or any technical problems that may arise.
- Cruises will depart subject to a minimum number of passengers signing up: 30 adults.
- Trips may be cancelled without prior notice in the event of bad weather or technical problems, in which case the trips will be postponed or a full refund will be given.
- Any passenger who is absent on the day of departure at the time shown on their boarding pass, and who has not contacted Management on the day before departure at the latest, will not receive a refund.
- Any passenger who is absent on the day of departure at the time shown on their boarding pass, and who has notified Management on the day before departure at the latest, can postpone their cruise subject to available spaces, at no extra cost.
- No refunds will be given unless the absent passenger is involved in an accident or taken ill, or in the event of their death. A family member must then provide a certificate issued by a doctor or the police confirming the accident, illness or death.